Sourcecode (May 10) has some issues

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 2, 2007 at 2:48 PM
We're using this feature and it works great! :-)

Today I had to make a few changes to the LayoutPages project, and I run into a few issues after deploying my compiled Provoke.UserAdminLayouts.dll based on the May 10. release downloaded from this site. Maybe some of you can use this tips aswell?

1. New user registration trigged "Not authenticated" error so the log-in.aspx page was displayed during the the registration process. I had to use another method to get the current web object in register.aspx.cs to get this to work, using the SPContext.Current.Web inside the SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges block didn't seem to give me a web object with delegated privileges. When I used another method this problem was gone:

using (SPSite site = new SPSite(this.Page.Request.Url.ToString()))
{
using (SPWeb web = site.OpenWeb())
{
}
}

2. In retrieve-password.aspx the user control was given the id "Retrieve-password1". This is not a valid identifier so I had to change the id to: "Retrievepassword1".
<fba:retrievePassword id="Retrievepassword1" runat="server"></fba:retrievePassword>

3. The same not-authenticated error also occured for the request passord page, so I used the same method to get the web object as described in 1.

Jul 5, 2007 at 8:32 PM
Your post explains the problems that I have encountered. Thanks. Would you be able to tell me why I cannot open the LayoutsPages project? All the other projects in the solution are fine. But VS2005 complains that it doesn't know the project type for 'layoutspages' and therefore I cannot make changes to the pages.
Aug 1, 2007 at 8:36 AM
The LayoutPages project is created using the web application template. You need to have the Microsoft Web Application Projects 2005 installed with your Visual Studio to open this project. I think it should be installed with ServicePack 1, or you can download this from microsoft.com as a standalone installation.