FBA Loggin can't edit My Settings in WSSv3

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jul 17, 2007 at 4:27 PM
What access settings need to be changed to allow FBA loggin users to edit their My Settings options?
Jul 17, 2007 at 4:32 PM
Edit Personal User Information - Allows a user to change his or her own user information, such as adding a picture.

Select the group who needs change My Settings Permissions.
Path= Root Site > Site Settings > Permissions > Permission Levels > Edit Permission Level
Aug 29, 2008 at 4:44 PM
Hello,
This may be a movice issue, but i cannot find the path described above. When i go to the site i want to manage i can click on:
Site Actions > Site Settings
There is no "permissions" link when you reach the site settings page. i see an "advanced permissions" link, but that link does not have "permission levels"

can you please describe where i should be able to find these settings?

thank you!

Andres Leon
Aug 29, 2008 at 6:00 PM
Update: i was able to find the path described by Jbenisek.
the click path is Site Actions > Site Settings > Advanced Permissions. Click the Settings menu item (at same level as New and Actions) then click "Permission Levels"

I noticed that the levels already in the system had the edit personal information permissions already turned on. Levels such as Design and Contribute had these settings on. However, users that are members of the level still cannot edit their perosnal settings.

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Andres Leon