No Site Feature to activate...

Topics: User Forum
Feb 11, 2007 at 7:47 PM
Hi,

Can't wait to get this working, this feature sounds awesome!

The problem I am having is that after I successfully deploy the solution in Central Admin proceed to the Site Collection I deployed it on to activate the feature and it's not there!

I've tried this on two Site Collections to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Rabbit
Feb 11, 2007 at 8:29 PM
Disregard my post! You have to go to Site Collection Features!!! Not plain old Site Features. If I had looked at the screen cap carefully, I would've seen that to begin with!

Sorry - Rabbit
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2007 at 8:10 AM

Chansky wrote:
Disregard my post! You have to go to Site Collection Features!!! Not plain old Site Features. If I had looked at the screen cap carefully, I would've seen that to begin with!

Sorry - Rabbit

Good to see that you are able to get the feature working. Thanks for the feedback.
Apr 17, 2007 at 3:42 PM

Chansky wrote:

Chansky wrote:

Sorry - Rabbit

Good to see that you are able to get the feature working. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi, I have similar issue as rabbitrun. I deplyed the package and I cannot see it under Site Settings > Site Features. I looked for the code on IIS and found that "UserAdmin" folder was created.
Any ideas what might be wrong. Thanks in advance. Oleg
Apr 17, 2007 at 7:28 PM

olegdelev wrote:

Chansky wrote:

Chansky wrote:

Sorry - Rabbit

Hi, I have similar issue as rabbitrun. I deplyed the package and I cannot see it under Site Settings > Site Features. I looked for the code on IIS and found that "UserAdmin" folder was created.
Any ideas what might be wrong. Thanks in advance. Oleg

Hi all,

I finally found correct Site Features where deployed CustomAuthenticationSolution.wsp resides.

I am placing the complete path here:
-Open newly created SP site
-Sign in as an admin
-Go to "Site Actions" on top right corner
-From dropdown select "Site Settings"
-Look in last column - "Site Collection Administration"
-Click on the link "Site Collection Features"
-Click "Activate" button for this solution

I want to thank Zachary Smith and Dan Attis for their walk-through articles.

Oleg D.