Source?

Topics: Project Management Forum
Feb 15, 2007 at 3:14 PM
Will the source be available for this project? I am hesitant to use code like this without a way to support it internally.
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2007 at 9:39 AM
Edited Feb 18, 2007 at 9:39 AM
Hi,
We plan to release the code later on. But please note that in terms of the actual feature build it is relatively easy to do. I will create a technical post with step by step instructions how we built this solution. Expect this to be released when we have the next release which is about 2 weeks away. In terms of using the code it is entirely upto you. The Feature model of SharePoint allows you to build custom features for any site, so expect a lot of similar functionality built by the community or third party developers that may not have the associated source released.
Cheers
Chandima
Feb 18, 2007 at 1:20 PM
Chandima-

Thanks for the response, I look forward to it looking at the source and reading your technical article.

Regards,

-Robert
Feb 24, 2007 at 10:35 PM
I have nearly no experience in programming but I'd like to translate the feature interface (and possibly the installation guide) into Russian. I'd be happy if you made the source code avaliable and provided some reference about how to compile the feature package. Looking forward to the news from you.
Feb 24, 2007 at 10:35 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2007 at 10:37 PM
(ohh... sorry for double posting. My fault)
Apr 6, 2007 at 1:31 AM
Any closer on posting the source. I would really like to take a look.
Developer
Apr 6, 2007 at 12:17 PM
The source would really be nice. Of course we can look into the .dll files with .Net Reflector tool: http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet/ , but it's better to have the source as it is.

What's the reason for not posting the source?

It would be great if the community could make use of it and contribute; after all, everyone is having limited time, and all time other people want to invest in it is welcome.

Thanks,

Peter