Doesn't show up in site collection features

Topics: User Forum
Mar 14, 2007 at 9:10 AM
Hi,
I have followed the guide and there where no problem or errors until i go to my site and then to the site collection features. It doesn't display in the list as it should. I have installed other features and they are displayed in the list. So anyone with an idea of what could have happened.

Any help is appreciated.

/Robert
Mar 25, 2007 at 3:49 AM

robert321 wrote:
Hi,
I have followed the guide and there where no problem or errors until i go to my site and then to the site collection features. It doesn't display in the list as it should. I have installed other features and they are displayed in the list. So anyone with an idea of what could have happened.

Any help is appreciated.

/Robert

Have a look at other posts in the discussion board about deployment difficulties
Mar 27, 2007 at 4:55 PM
I am having the same problem as robert321. I've gone through the entire process and everything is working correctly except when I go to add it to the site collection features, it doesn't appear in the list. I've tried this on 3 different servers now. I've read through all the other posts and nobody seems to have the exact same problem. I've even deployed it using the command line utility stsadm and it still doesn't show up in the list to activate. Anybody have any ideas what we're doing wrong?
Apr 3, 2007 at 4:00 PM
OK, after a very long time of having the server up and running, it finally propogated to 1 of the 3 sites to activate in the site collection. Now I have an error that shows when I go to activate it that says
"The website declines to show the page. Most likely causes: This website requires you to log in."

I am logged in as the web collection administrator when doing this. What could I be doing wrong?
Apr 4, 2007 at 3:52 PM
SOLUTION:

Once I installed waited quite a while for the application to show up in the site collections features (I think there may have been a conflict with the change in daylight savings times that other people are having as well), I recieved error messages stating the website requires you to log in etc. I went to http://msmvps.com/blogs/obts/archive/2007/01/30/528982.aspx this blog site which explains the problem. Summing it up you need to temporarily change application pools to the administration pool from the time you activate the controll until you can actually add users in the web part. Once you can add users, you will need to change back to your application pool for the site. At each change you will need to do an IISRESET.

I hope my problems helps others!