Web part not visible except under Central Admin

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 16, 2007 at 4:49 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2007 at 4:51 PM
I've successfully (or so I thought) deployed and activated the solution, however, when I go to add the web part under my main application, it's not listed. Strangely, when I go to edit the homepage of the Central Administration site, the web part is visible.

Why isn't it showing up anywhere other than the Central Administration site, which is not where I need it?
Mar 25, 2007 at 3:37 AM

thisguy wrote:
I've successfully (or so I thought) deployed and activated the solution, however, when I go to add the web part under my main application, it's not listed. Strangely, when I go to edit the homepage of the Central Administration site, the web part is visible.

Why isn't it showing up anywhere other than the Central Administration site, which is not where I need it?

Havent seen this behavaviour before. Make sure that you have deployed the solution to the right application.
Then you will need to activate the feature in the site collection administration section.
If the webpart still doesnt show you could check the webpart gallery and see if it is listed.