Reset or Change password?

Topics: User Forum
Mar 20, 2007 at 6:00 PM

I might have missed it but how do users change a current password? I would think this would be top of the list of things needed atleast for after they have it sent to them in clear text.

What would this take?
Mar 25, 2007 at 3:09 AM

Jbenisek wrote:

I might have missed it but how do users change a current password? I would think this would be top of the list of things needed atleast for after they have it sent to them in clear text.

What would this take?

Surely you mean the forgot password functionlaity that is available from the login page?
Mar 26, 2007 at 5:55 PM
I was asking what it would take to add a reset or change password field to this admin tool for clients to change their passwords.

I think a change password option once logged in would complete the basic needs for a tool like this and form based loggins and account management. This feature and option seems to be missing from the form based attentication design.
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Jbenisek wrote:
I was asking what it would take to add a reset or change password field to this admin tool for clients to change their passwords.

I think a change password option once logged in would complete the basic needs for a tool like this and form based loggins and account management. This feature and option seems to be missing from the form based attentication design.

Hi Jbenisek

It is not a missing feature. As this is a community project we only wanted to showcase what was possible to develop using SharePoint and ASP.Net. Watch the workspace for Release 1.0. As I have mentioned on the main page this is a community project so we do what we can do when time permits :-).

regards

Chandima