"Forgot Password" issue

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 13, 2007 at 4:04 PM
Hello,
I have installed and configured FBA. It works really well except for the "forgot password" feature. This feature works intermittently for me. Most times if I click the "send password" button on the page:retrieve-password.aspx I am returned to the log-in.aspx page without confirmation or an email being sent. I know the SMTP address is correct as I am occasionally able to receive the email.

Any help fixing this bug is appreciated.

George.
Developer
Apr 13, 2007 at 9:23 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2007 at 9:24 PM
I also posted a message on this problem:

http://www.codeplex.com/MOSSFormsFeature/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=9022

When you return in the login page you will also see accessdenied in the URL. This is because the code that is executed on the server needs a higher privilege level than anonymous. This should be changed in the code.

Apr 16, 2007 at 1:20 PM
Is it something that I can fix? If so how do I fix it?

Thanks,
George.
Developer
Apr 16, 2007 at 3:30 PM
The only thing I can think of is to rewrite the forgot password page with it's own codebehind. There is no sourcecode published yet, so you have to create it yourself.
Apr 19, 2007 at 3:08 AM
Hey guys, I have made quite a few changes to the way emailing works for the upcoming release (sometime next week).
Emailing will now be done through the SharePoint outgoing email settings. This sould hopefully resolve your issues.
Thanks
Zac
Developer
Apr 19, 2007 at 6:04 AM
Hi Zac,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm currently working on a project where we are implementing this solution. But we also needed the profile provider from ASP.NET. So I'm writing the same pages 'again'.

If the sourcecode is being posted in the next three weeks maybe I can help developing the webpart for managing the users, otherwise I need to write one myself.

Peter
Apr 19, 2007 at 9:02 AM

pjotr wrote:
Hi Zac,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm currently working on a project where we are implementing this solution. But we also needed the profile provider from ASP.NET. So I'm writing the same pages 'again'.

If the sourcecode is being posted in the next three weeks maybe I can help developing the webpart for managing the users, otherwise I need to write one myself.

Peter

If you could contact me through codeplex (click on my name to view my profile and then use the contact feature).
Thanks
Developer
Apr 19, 2007 at 3:37 PM
Ok, I've done that.

Peter
Apr 19, 2007 at 4:47 PM
Cool Zac, I will wait until next week.

George.