Suggestions

Topics: Developer Forum
Apr 23, 2007 at 1:58 AM
Edited Apr 23, 2007 at 2:01 AM
First, I'd like to thank you for the work you have done so far. This is a great value to the community. I know you have day jobs and have priorities with other issues, but here's my list of "nice to haves".

1) Integrate the security question into this solution. This is already part of ASP.NET. I have a slight problem thinking that anyone can cause password resets of any other member they just happen to know the user name of. It gives a user, who may have been self registered, a chance to mess with a site. You would also need to give the ability to change the question and answer - a good place might be where you change your password.

2) It would be nice if the site logo and description, if they are set up in the site settings, be displayed on the login and other pages that deal with your solution. It would give that personal touch to this global solution. For sites that are available to registered users only, these might be the first screens they see with regard to the site.

3) It would be nice if the password change function, when you get around to it, is part of the welcome 'user' drop down. Perhaps that is where you are heading anyway.

Again, thanks and keep up the great work on this.

David.

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2007 at 11:29 AM

NHwildcat wrote:
First, I'd like to thank you for the work you have done so far. This is a great value to the community. I know you have day jobs and have priorities with other issues, but here's my list of "nice to haves".

1) Integrate the security question into this solution. This is already part of ASP.NET. I have a slight problem thinking that anyone can cause password resets of any other member they just happen to know the user name of. It gives a user, who may have been self registered, a chance to mess with a site. You would also need to give the ability to change the question and answer - a good place might be where you change your password.

2) It would be nice if the site logo and description, if they are set up in the site settings, be displayed on the login and other pages that deal with your solution. It would give that personal touch to this global solution. For sites that are available to registered users only, these might be the first screens they see with regard to the site.

3) It would be nice if the password change function, when you get around to it, is part of the welcome 'user' drop down. Perhaps that is where you are heading anyway.

Again, thanks and keep up the great work on this.

David.

Hi David

Thanks for the comments and feedback. This Project is now going to be merged with the Community Kit for SharePoint (CKS) project. http://www.codeplex.com/cks This will provide the community with all the above enhancements as well as the source to customise the project. Please go to the CKS site to get updates.

Kind regards
Chandima
http://www.chandima.net/blog